End of Summer

An entire summer has come and gone. I haven't been good with updating this thing at all. But that's not to say that the garden and plants are being neglected.











We had a nice little harvest although we started the season late. The garden had been rearranged a few times for maximum efficiency. We are now getting a bunch of plum tomatoes. Very exciting stuff. We started some things for Fall/Winter garden. We got a small hoop house that we'll put on top of our deck and put a few plants for some fall greens. 

We became friendly with this little black kitten who is sadly no longer with us. She was the most precious and very playful for a stray. I'd call her from far away and she would run towards me. One of our neighbors was able to socialize her enough and took her in to the vet. Turns out the kitten had parvovirus and she had to be put down. Devastating. :( I miss her cute little face every time I pass by "Lover's Lane", a little wooden path that was her hideout/home. Her other cat friends hang out there sometimes and I see them every now and again. 

We've had many glorious nights with beautiful sunsets, seeing the blue moon so bright and clear, and watching the weather go by. This summer had been a busy one with all the moving, cleaning, rearranging, organizing. I am ready to go into cooler weather. 


Comments

Popular Posts