Plantology // Honeysuckle

My parents grew honeysuckle in the garden last year and when I visited last week I noticed that the vines already had sprouted new leaves. I clipped a few cuttings to see if I can grow them indoors.

Honeysuckle also has an amazing scent from what I remember last year. So delicious it even attracts hummingbirds. Honeysuckle can also be made a tea which I may have to try if I can get enough flowers for a cup. 



It seems like the gardening theme for me this year is all about viney plants. I have an Arabian Jasmine in my collection already.

Honeysuckle prefers full sun but also can partial sun. Since it's in a little planter I'll water a little bit once a week. A bunch of sites have said you can't grow honeysuckle indoors due to size restrictions but I am completely disregarding that. It's just a matter of pruning the plant. Just a little bit of maintenance.

I accidentally left it unattended for a day in my office where it's super warm and I didn't leave the window open. The leaves got droopy so I am trying to rehabilitate it. After its recovered I'm going to water it with a little bit of the compost tea from the bokashi compost. Hopefully it will perk right up and flower when the time is right. 

Comments

Popular Posts